If you are anything like me, you love FAST and EASY recipes that are NUTRITIOUS and KID-FRIENDLY too! And this is ALL of those things! (swelling of Hallelujah chorus) This recipe is perfect to make for on-the-go snacks, pre or post work-out fuel, or a ready-made unprocessed snack the whole family will enjoy!
I got this recipe from The Book of Beast that came with my Body Beast workout program (which I love!!)
Power Protein Balls
(Makes about 12 servings, 2 balls each)
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: None
- 1 cup natural smooth peanut or almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla Shakeology
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2 TB sunflower seeds, without shells
- Combine peanut butter, Shakeology, banana, and sunflower seeds in a medium bowl.
- Shape mixture into 24 walnut-sized balls; place in airtight container.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
2 balls= 171 calories, 12g fat, 2g saturated fat, 2mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 11g carbs, 2 g fiber, 4g sugars, 8g protein
*Changes I made:
I didn’t have natural peanut butter, so I used Jiffy crunchy peanut butter
I used a large banana
I used regular oats instead of the quick-cooking kind
I used 2 TB pumpkin seeds because I didn’t have sunflowerseeds
And we couldn’t wait a whole hour before eating these, so we ate some without refrigerating first
Enjoy! Let me know how you like them!