Here are 9 of my favorite places and people in the Salt Lake Valley. They are all blissdarling-approved! These shout outs are all out of love! No paid recommendations on this post 🙂
1. Ensign Peak and Bell Canyon: There is something so amazing about being in nature; The crisp mountain air, the colorful trees, the smell of the flowers, and seeing the wildlife… ah! We are so lucky to live below such majestic peaks.I love to hike and spend most of my time in Big Cottonwood Canyon. But these are my go-to hikes when I just want a quick spontaneous adventure with Little Red.
2. Woody’s Drive In– I have been going to this burger joint since I was a kid! It is my favorite because it seriously has THE best shakes (they actually use fruit instead of syrup!). They also serve big fat fries and I love their soft toasty buns! Its a down to earth, fun, friendly atmosphere. Don’t miss out on the juke box because that is the best part! My family has had full on dance parties there singing to the oldies but goodies…”It’s my party and I’ll cry if I want to…” This is a must-do!!
3. Group Exercise- Ellie Buckway at 24 Hour Fitness in Sandy does killer classes! I took her aerobics classes that she taught at Snow College. She is a rock star and will for sure give you an awesome super fun workout. There is a free Halloween Zumba class that I am going to. I’m stoked!
4. Photography – Cindy Cassity is our official family photographer! She is so easy going, hilarious and takes cute, trendy, candid photos and edits them really well. Her official company name is Rockstar’s Girlfriend Photography (the baby on there is mine!) She also rents out photobooths. Can’t say enough about her!! She is fantastic.
5. Redwood Drive In– Who doesn’t love a drive-in?? It’s classic! We went here all the time when Cora was a newborn so I could nurse freely and not worry about bothering others if she cried. It was the perfect way to date with a small baby. Not to mention get a good make-out in…
6. Porter Rockwell Trail – I LOVE this trail! It is about 10 miles roundtrip. I trained on if for my marathon. It is beautiful throughout all the seasons (they plow it regularly so it’s a great way to train in the winter) and it is also wide so it’s easy to run/walk as a group. I love that it is busy enough that I don’t feel creeped out when I am running alone. Bikes, strollers, wheel chairs, etc. are all allowed. And you can double up on the fun because the Draper Park is just across the street. It’s my favorite park in this area!
7. Draper Library– This is my favorite library! The kids section is so well designed and fun. They have these giant holes in the wall where you can sit and read as well as fun toys and learning games. I love to stop by there and read with Cora for a half hour or so. It’s a nice change of scenery and new stories inspire our imagination. They also have a great schedule of fun free activities for the kiddos.
8. Papa Murphy’s– Take n Bake time! These pizzas cook quick and are a cheap way to feed the family a fun meal. ($14 for a family size) They have great tasting combos- my favorites are the gourmet vegetarian and the spinach bacon artichoke!
9. Draper Flower pros– I LOVE the people that work at this location. They are so happy, warm and real! They take such good care of me when I go in there. Not to mention that they have great designers there who make gorgeous creations. Ask if Lybbie is there!